Collection of Information
To offer you the Zuzu Service, we collect account and payment information from you, and may also access certain information relating to your use of the Service as follows:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set account preferences, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes). This information may include:
- your activity on the Zuzu Service, such as title selections, viewing statistics and history, and search queries;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers; device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information; and
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content and advertising, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery; and
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. We engage Service Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Access to your Information
We will give you the opportunity to review the personal information in your file, subject to certain restrictions and exceptions, within a reasonable time after receiving a request in writing from you. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information (for example, if it would involve the disclosure of someone else’s personal information or other confidential or privileged information), then we will advise you of the reason. Our goal is to keep the personal information we hold about you accurate, up-to-date, and complete. If you find an inaccuracy, let us know and we will correct it. To make requests please contact us at support@Zuzu.ca
Access to Your Account and Profiles
To provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Zuzu Service, we may use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Zuzu service.
To remove access to your Zuzu Service account, (a) click “Sign out” or (b) delete your Zuzu Service from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or Zuzu ready device, you should sign out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) and account information (including your contact information or other information in your Dashboard).
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can most easily do this by visiting the Dashboard portion of our website, where you may access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information, and other information about your account. You must be signed in to access your Dashboard. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
You may withdraw your consent to receive certain communications from us via email or text message by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email or replying STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. You may be able to opt in to receive mobile push notifications from Zuzu. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we may also use other, similar types of technologies.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Zuzu. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Zuzu Service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
By default, most browsers will automatically accept cookies. However, you can disable cookies completely, or be prompted prior to a cookie being loaded, by adjusting your browser’s settings. Please note that disabling cookies may impair the functionality of the website, either fully or in part, and may prevent you from using certain website features, services or applications. Consult each individual browser’s “help” feature for more information.
Last Updated: December 22, 2020